Child Playing With Lighter Causes Residential Jo County Fire

By Jim McCoy Tue 5th June NewsfireGrants Pass news

A fire that broke out in a manufactured home on SW “G” Street in Josephine County is being blamed on a child playing with a lighter in a bedroom.  Crews from the Rural/Metro Fire Department responded to the call at 6:30 p.m. Monday night to find the home fully involved with fire. Grants Pass Fire Rescue and American Medical Response assisted at the scene. The fire was extinguished within 15 minutes.

The family made it out of the home safely, and no one was injured. All of the family’s belongings were destroyed. It is not known if the home’s occupants carried renter’s insurance.

Search

Focus Today

Focus Today

Video On Demand

Video On Demand

theDove News

theDove News

Sports

Patrick Doyle

Counselling

Patrick Doyle
(c) 2012 UCB USA Inc dba theDove