fire

Christmas Tree Causes House Fire

By Jim McCoy Wed 11th December NewsChristmas treefire
Faulty wiring on a live Christmas tree is blamed for starting a Tuesday night fire in a home in the 700 block of Nita Lynne in Medford. Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire. No one was hurt. The fire destroyed the tree, burned a hole in the living room floor, and damaged all the gifts underneath the tree.

Monday Night Fire Destroys Rogue River Home

By Jim McCoy Tue 10th December Newsfire
A home at 8777 Rogue River Highway took heavy damage from a Monday night fire. Rogue River firefighters were the first to arrive at the fire reported at 5:50 p.m. The home was heavily involved in flames when crews arrived. No one was home at the time of the fire.Read More »

Attemped Arson Stopped By Medford Fire Crews

By Jim McCoy Wed 16th October Newsarsonfire
The Medford Fire Department quickly put out a fire in the 2000 block of Barnett Road last night around 9:30 p.m. Witnesses say they saw someone start a fire in an area along a chain link fence surrounding an apartment complex swimming pool. No structures were threatened, though the fire burned through the plastic lattice.Read More »

Fire Season Is Over

By Jim McCoy Mon 23rd September NewsfireOregon Department of Forestry
After several days of rain, state foresters are declaring an end to a busy fire season in southwestern Oregon. The Department of Forestry said Monday the fire danger level will be reduced to its low, or "green," level as of midnight Monday, and public and industrial restrictions will be lifted. The major firefighting effort this summer followed a barrage of lightning strikes on JRead More »

More Evacuations at Warms Springs Indian Reservation Fire

By Jim McCoy Mon 22nd July NewsfireWarm Springs Indian Reservation
A fire that spread rapidly in windy weather on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation of Central Oregon has led to more evacuations. More firefighters and a federal management team are being brought in. The fire started Saturday.Read More »

Phoenix Home Damaged, But No One Hurt in Fire

By Jim McCoy Fri 19th July Newsfire
Nobody was hurt in a fire that occurred at a Phoenix residence in the 100 block of B Street Thursday night. When firefighters arrived within minutes of the 8:52 p.m. call, they saw flames coming from the front entry and roof line. All the home’s residents and their pets made it out safely. It does not appear the house is a total loss.Read More »

Teen Blamed For Fire At Bend Transient Camp

By Jim McCoy Mon 15th July Newsfire
Investigators say a 14-year-old girl is to blame for a fire that broke out Thursday at a transient camp near Bend and burned nearly four acres of trees and sagebrush. The Deschutes County sheriff's office says the fire likely spread from a fire pit near her tent that was not properly extinguished the night before. KTVZ reports the girl was cited on charges of reckless burning, reRead More »

Medford Church Fire May Have Been Intentionally Set

By Jim McCoy Fri 5th July NewsarsonfireZion Lutheran Church
Authorities are investigating a suspicious fire at the Zion Lutheran Church in Medford they were called out to after 2 a.m.Read More »

Fire At Cave Junction Post Office

A fire that occurred overnight has destroyed the post office in Cave Junction. A postal service spokesman says the building is likely a “total loss.’ Arrangements are being for post office box customers in Cave Junction to pick up their mail at the post office in Selma. There are no details yet on the fire’s cause or whether or not any injuries occurred.

Woman, Pets Escape Central Point Condo Fire

By Jim McCoy Mon 13th May Newsfire
Fired damaged a two-story condominium this morning at 544 Village Drive in Central Point. Firefighters saved a number of pets, including a Chihuahua, though a bearded dragon did not survive. A woman living downstairs first noticed the fire at around 8:50 a.m., reflecting on a car window as she looked outside. She escaped safely, and firefighters were able to rescue her dog.Read More »

Search

Focus Today

Focus Today

Video On Demand

Video On Demand

theDove News

theDove News

Sports

Patrick Doyle

Counselling

Patrick Doyle
(c) 2012 UCB USA Inc dba theDove